Around this time every year, we begin to hear about the flu season and what measures we can take to prevent it. Additionally, with the threat of COVID-19 still present, we must all take the necessary steps to ensure our indoor air quality is healthy. Luckily, families in Rocky Mount, VA, and other nearby areas can rest assured knowing they are protected with Davis! We have some of the best IAQ products available, and we’re happy to provide you with expert recommendations on how to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Identifying the Culprits
Maintaining air quality requires that you first analyze the air in your home or business, determine its quality, and then identify potential pollution culprits. Our technicians have the tools necessary to thoroughly examine your indoor air and identify a wide range of pollutants. Once studied, our expert staff will pinpoint the sources of contamination and suggest remedies to the problem.
Creating a Plan
Once you’ve determined the indoor air pollution sources in your home, our expert technicians will carefully explain the options available to help clean your air. Davis offers multiple solutions to address the threat of dirty indoor air. Some of them include:
- Air purifiers: Intended to remove contaminants such as allergens and second-hand tobacco smoke.
- Air filtration systems: An ideal solution to eliminate solid particles like dust, pollen, mold spores, and bacteria from indoor air.
- Humidifiers: Help maintain optimal humidity levels in an indoor environment by increasing humidity.
- Dehumidifiers: Help maintain optimal humidity levels in an indoor environment by decreasing humidity.
- Whole-home ventilation systems: Continuously circulate air throughout an indoor area at a low-flow rate. The purpose is to remove polluted air and supply fresh air throughout the home.
- UV Lights: The most important tool you can use to mitigate the risk of viral contamination in the home. Ultraviolet light works by breaking down the chemical bonds that viruses are made from. UV will destroy DNA, RNA, and proteins on a microscopic level preventing a virus from spreading within a home or business.
Seal Tight and Ventilate Right
There are many other steps you can take to improve the quality of your indoor air. By being proactive in your daily and weekly routines, you can significantly reduce the threat of air pollutants in your home:
Ensuring that your house is properly sealed for the flu season is essential to maintaining a healthy home. Yet, by sealing your home, you are also trapping pollutants and contamination. This will quickly lead to a decline in air quality.
At Davis, we are dedicated to creating an indoor environment that is healthy for our customers. We have over 30 years of experience helping our customers find solutions to their ventilation needs. Now, with the emergence of COVID-19, everyone must maintain clean and safe air for their homes. For more information about the services we offer in Rocky Mount, VA, and the surrounding areas, please contact Davis today!