We’re looking for exceptional HVAC install apprentices who can deliver world-class customer service. As an HVAC installer apprentice you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to
demonstrate technical competence and exceed customer expectations by accomplishing the highest quality installations, every time. By working closely with the lead installer and installation manager, you will complete jobs on time and under budget, helping achieve the company’s financial goals. The position will be based in our office, with opportunities to travel to the market you are working in.
- Assist lead installer in all HVAC system installations; be efficient and accurate.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to ensure highest levels of satisfaction.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Assist in properly staging jobs; adhering to quality checklist.
- Support lead installer in maintaining a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all formal exercises and on-the-job training to master installations.
- Assist in completing accurate and timely paperwork.
- Knowledge of applicable installation and venting codes.
- Clean, safe driving record.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Passionate about Davis Heating, Cooling Plumbing and Electric and loves the brand.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to be a better installer tomorrow than you are today.
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who’s flexible and has a great attitude on life.
Who We Are
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this a long time here in Rocky Mount VA. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like ours. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you’re the only technician that works in their home. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
What We Do
We are a team of home service experts who go the extra mile to ensure peak performance for your home’s plumbing, heating and air conditioning and electrical systems.
The Big Task
You will diagnose and repair residential plumbing systems and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions.
Key Sub Tasks
- Maintain communication with dispatch, your manager, parts and installation teams.
- Keep your company truck clean, inside and out.
- Keep your truck inventory up to date.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Join the on-call rotation.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
- Have or be willing to get the proper certifications. We can help you with this.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.
- We have opportunities for a team member that may have experience to some that do not.. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Desired Skills and Experience
If you can achieve the above and you find it fun and challenging – you have just the right amount of skill and experience.
What We Offer
Our top performers are among the highest paid technicians in South Central and Southside Virginia. You’ll have unlimited earning potential. Pay is hourly as well as performance based pay.
Company supplied, take it home at night, newer and safe, super-cool company truck. For all on-call technicians.
Medical Insurance — we offer for you and your family’s insurance for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
New technology, including iPhone, iPad & access to integrated software.
State of the art tools, parts and supplies.
401k Plan with a company match.
A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Davis Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about Davis Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric by visiting Davisheat.com. When you’re ready, please follow the directions at Davisheat.com to apply for this position. You can apply in person at our main office located at 531 Weaver St. Rocky Mount, VA 24151.
Equal Opportunity Employer